Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any information you provide will be held for our own use only and not knowingly disclosed to any third party in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) unless we are required by law to do so.
Our website is SSL protected meaning that when you contact us through the website, all your details are encrypted before being transmitted to us.
Five Counties Legal Services Ltd General Data Protection Regulation Guidelines Notice
Five Counties Legal Services Ltd are compliant with current GDPR laws, this means that data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Only relevant to the purposes we have informed you of and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary
- Kept and destroyed securely including ensuring that appropriate technical and security measures are in place to protect your personal data, to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
What data do we process?
- Names and company names
- Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses and email addresses.
- Financial identifiers such as bank account numbers and/or payment/transaction identifiers (where you make payments to us for Five Counties Legal Services Ltd.)
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We will only ever hold basic details that enable us to successfully process your instuctions with Five Counties Legal Services Ltd.
We use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity to provide services we offer.
- To contact you by post, phone or email to provide updates or confirmation of instructions.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To notify you of changes to our projects or services.
- To send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest to you.
Sharing your personal data
All of your personal data is stored on a master database and an Accounts database both of which are secured. We will only share your details with our fellow professionals, organisations and agent representatives and we will never share your information with third parties.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your data including financial data for 7 years before it is deleted in accordance with the requirements and recommendations of our professional and regulatory bodies. Five Counties Legal Services Ltd endeavour to keep data only as long as it is needed.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- At any point you can contact us to request the personal data we hold on you as well as why we have that personal data, who has access to the personal data and where we obtained the personal data from.
- please visit contact us to request this
- If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
- If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal data or that we are unlawfully using your personal data, you can request that we erase the personal data we hold.
- When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the personal data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it to comply with an ongoing instruction).
- You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or ask us to restrict processing. Upon receiving the request we will contact you and let you know if we are able to comply, or if we have a legal obligation to continue to process your data.
- You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller, where processing is being carried out by automated means.
- Where we are relying on your giving express consent to us processing your data, you can withdraw your consent easily by telephone, email, or by post through the contact details below.
- If you have any concerns about your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the personal data we hold about you, to exercise all relevant rights, or for any other queries or complaints to:
Five Counties Legal Services Ltd.,
24, Middle Street,
Tel: 07500 090803
Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
|DYNSRV||Hosting||This cookie is used by our hosting provider to help manage website traffic.|
|cookie_notice_accepted||WordPress||This is the cookie we use to stop the cookie message displaying each time you visit the site.|
Third party cookies are used on this site. These are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For more information about cookies see: www.allaboutcookies.org
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of time.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.